Tuesday, February 2, 2021

FUNIE Learner's Blog Entry 8

 Resources and the I&E Ecosystem

This lesson brought me back to a very frequently used and reference old friend commonly used in design thinking, design processes and ideations; the Mind map. It showed the multitude of benefits of mind maps that I personally was not aware of. This gave me a sense of the deliverable of a  mind map and what a mind map requires to effectively come up with ideas that can tackle my problem statement. A guide was also provided which served as the foundation of mind maps, where me and my team could certainly take advantage of when creating mind maps for the ideation phase.


Other than mind maps, the lesson also taught me project planning which in my opinion does not just only apply to FUNIE but other projects as well. It is from what I learnt, a useful and essential tool in project startups and processes, no matter the scale. I learnt something I have never seen before, a Big Small Quick chart which serves as a quick way of coming up with development plans that combine to make up the solution of a problem statement. The quick also gives a deadline to keep the team on its feet during the project. It is useful such that I am able to break down my solution to smaller parts to make up the tasks required to make the solution work. For scheduling, Gantt charts were the way to go and to my experience, they are certainly helpful and essential in project management due to the nature of how gantt charts work. I used a gantt chart in my solution mock - up and it proved useful in helping  my team see whether the scheduling is realistic and reliable in conjunction with the tasks in the Big Small Quick chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool

Gravity ball Gameplay Summary: Physics ball game about dropping a ball from a fixed height onto different shapes. Gravity will allow balls t...